Re: composing multipart/alternative messages

* On 2004.08.24, in <20040824154437.GB3682@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The message should be displayed correctly as html in all clients supporting
> > this, but should also be displayed nicely in all correctly configured
> > text-based clients (like the one I am using).
>
> Unfortunately, there's no easy interface to do that with mutt.  Sorry.

That's correct, there's no easy interface. However, if you're willing to
use a hard interface, there's a patch that lets you attach some files,
then group them as a set of multipart/alternatives.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.4.dgc.groupalts.2

In the compose menu, attach the two alternatives as if they were regular
attachments. Tag the parts you want grouped, then press '&' to pull them
together. Use the + and - keys to change their order.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                  NSIT::ENSS