Re: Question on new message notification + mailboxes

Hello R2J,

> Basically, each of my defined mailboxes says it has new mail even when
> there isn't new mail. I switch, say, to folder X because it's shown in
> the index as having new mail, and up comes a notice that folder Y has
> new mail as well. I switch to folder Y to find no new mail, and there's
> a notification of new mail in folder X.

mutt detects new eMail in folders by statting each folder and compare
access time to modification time.

If modification time <= access time we have a new eMail. Do you have any
other jobs than mutt and your MDA (Mail delivery Agent) accessin your
mailboxes? Maybe a 'tar' backup job?

However dato said something about compiling mutt with

./configure --enable-buffy-size ...

I never tried it and doesn't know what it does, but give it try maybe it
solves your problems.

        Thomas