Re: Why isn't it part of mutt "proper"

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:00:55AM +0200, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello Bennett,
>
> * Bennett Todd <bet@xxxxxxxxx> [040818 19:56]:
> > A couple of wee-teensy wibbles: my build didn't end up getting the
> > updates to the docs in manual.txt;
>
>   6.3.98.  header_cache
>
>   Type: path
>   Default: ""
>
>   Path to the header cache file. If unset no cache will be used.
>   Otherwise the cache will be enabled for Maildir and IMAP mailboxes.
>
>   6.3.99.  maildir_header_cache_verify
>
>   Type: boolean
>   Default: yes
>
>   Check for Maildir unaware programs other than mutt having modified
>   maildir files when the header cache is in use.  This incurs one
>   stat(2) per message every time the folder is opened.
>
>   6.3.100.  header_cache_pagesize
>
>   Type: number
>   Default: 16384
>
>   Change the maildir header cache database page size.  Too large or too
>   small of a page size for the common header can waste space, memory
>   effectiveness, or CPU time.  You can use the db_dump utility to
>   determine the optimal page size.

Looks like a useful patch. I have one question that I didn't see
answered on your website. My apologies if I missed the obvious answer
somewhere.

Does it support mh format mail directories? Any special settings I need to
change to use it with my mh folders?

Thanks,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #32:
I prefer an OS made by programmers that needs marketing than an OS made by
marketing that needs programmers...
http://www.linux.org