Re: Question about PGP Signatures.

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 05:55:42PM -0400, Todd wrote:
> Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > Can I make Mutt default to *not* sign emails going to a particular
> > email address?
>
> Sure.  This is simple with a send-hook:
>
> send-hook .                 'set pgp_autosign=yes'
> send-hook '~t list_address' 'set pgp_autosign=no'

Thanks a lot.  :-D

> > It can't even handle PGP.
>
> That's not entirely true.  Outlook (or Outlook Express, I've never
> tested them both enough to know which barfs on what) doesn't handle
> OpenPGP/MIME.  It wrongly displays the message as an attachment.

Yeah.  That's what the OutLEAK users were reporting.

> It also does not handle the inline pgp messages created by Mutt < 1.5
> which use a content-type of application/pgp.  Mutt >= 1.5 now uses
> text/plain for inline messages and Outlook will display them.

Yes.  Outlook would have to be severely broken to not display text/plain
inline messages.  I take that back.  Outlook *is* severely broken.

> If you really want to continue signing messages to this list AND not
> make all the Outlook users whine, you can use the pgp-traditional
> patch from Dale Woolridge for mutt 1.4:
>
>     http://www.woolridge.ca/mutt/pgp-traditional.html
>
> Or you could give the development version of mutt a try.

I have the patch installed.  That was my earlier solution to this
problem.  But I want to avoid PGP traditinal because it's deprecated.  I
don't like the idea of holding back progress because Microsoft couldn't be
bothered to support a standard.  So instead I'm switching to PGP/MIME and
just not signing the emails going to Outlook users.

Thanks for the help!  :-)

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this
PhD student.   | e-mail.  A significant number of electrons were,