Re: lost mail when folder-hook was wrong

Hi, all --

...and then Nicolas Rachinsky said...
%
% * Nicolas Rachinsky <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-10 19:13 +0200]:
% > * David T-G <davidtg-muttusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-10 12:09 -0400]:
% > > I just lost some mail by specifying a non-existent directory in my
% > > folder-hook for that address.  Darn!
% > >
% > > I personally would rather see mail that can't be properly fcc:ed dropped
% > > into my $spoolfile, but it should (IMHO) be put *somewhere*.  Is this
% > > problem fixed in 1.5.x or should I send in a bug/feature post?
% >
% > It isn't with 1.5.6. But I think mutt shouldn't put it somewhere, it
% > should complain and refuse to send the message.

That also sounds good to me.

%
%
% * Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-10 19:54 +0200]:
% > >   /path/to/shit: No such file or directory (errno = 2)
% > did I misunderstood something. The code in the functions in in for ages
% > (most of them over 6 years?!)
%
% Obviously my test was broken. It just created my test file. With
% /path/to/shit or just /p mutt complains and refuses to send the
% message.

Well, perhaps then *I* have misunderstood something.  The email messages
definitely were sent, but no copy was made because the directory did not
exist at all.  I will have to try some more debugging on this.  Well, no;
first I'll get around to upgrading; let's introduce as few variables as
possible :-)  [The good news is that I just landed a contract and so I
should have a *normally* busy life now, which will leave me time to bring
my cocktail up to date and get to know 1.5.6 better :-]

%
% Sorry,
% Nicolas

Thanks & HAND