Re: Jed interaction

Hi,

At  8:28 AM PDT on August  5 Stewart V. Wright sent off:
> Dunno about using Jed, but in Emacs I have an .emacs for general use
> and an .emacs.mail with my email related stuff (^c^c to quit for
> example).  I then have editor set to "emacs -l ${HOME}/.emacs.mail" in

See below.

> my .muttrc.  Can you have different configurations using Jed?  That
> might be a way out.
>

>From the jed manpage:
 -n               do not load .jedrc file.
-g 'n'            goto line n in buffer
-l 'file'         load file as S-Lang code.
 -f 'function'    execute S-Lang function named function
-s 'string'       search forward for string
-i 'file'         insert file into current buffer.

At  7:58 AM PDT on August 5 mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx sent off:
> I like emacs just fine, but the startup time is just long enough to
> bug me.

Both of you should at least look at emacsclient.  Post mode,
http://www.drao.nrc.ca/~rreid/software/mutt/
encourages its use.

--
Wise men make proverbs, fools repeat them.  - Japanese proverb