Re: Jed interaction

G'day ???,  (Get a real name in your emails...  It's polite!)

* mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040805 16:04]:
> I'd like to see whether anybody has some solutions to a couple of
> things related to quitting mutt and jed (my mutt editor-o-choice):
>
> 1. Doing ^x^c should ideally quit jed without having to confirm (since
> mutt will give me the opportunity to re-edit), but I ONLY want the
> editor to exit without confirmation when I'm editing mail.  When
> writing code, I don't want to absent-mindedly exit.

Dunno about using Jed, but in Emacs I have an .emacs for general use
and an .emacs.mail with my email related stuff (^c^c to quit for
example).  I then have editor set to "emacs -l ${HOME}/.emacs.mail" in
my .muttrc.  Can you have different configurations using Jed?  That
might be a way out.

Otherwise use a real editor!  :-P
  *Ducking for cover before the editor wars being*

> 2. Somewhat related to the ^x^c issue in #1, is it possible in mutt to
> turn off the ^x^c binding in mutt, so that only 'q' or '^z' will exit
> the program?  The 'quit' variable doesn't seem to address this
> particular keystroke.

Yup.  Bind ^x and ^c to something else.  The manual is your friend.

Cheers,

S.