Jed interaction

I'd like to see whether anybody has some solutions to a couple of
things related to quitting mutt and jed (my mutt editor-o-choice):

1. Doing ^x^c should ideally quit jed without having to confirm (since
mutt will give me the opportunity to re-edit), but I ONLY want the
editor to exit without confirmation when I'm editing mail.  When
writing code, I don't want to absent-mindedly exit.

2. Somewhat related to the ^x^c issue in #1, is it possible in mutt to
turn off the ^x^c binding in mutt, so that only 'q' or '^z' will exit
the program?  The 'quit' variable doesn't seem to address this
particular keystroke.

--

Matthew M Davis
<mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>