Re: mail directory structures in mutt

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 02:14:14PM +0200, Hendrik Mangels wrote:
> Abhay Pradhan (2004-07-30, 17:15):
> > umm..has anybody ever felt the need for this? i mean, creating
> > directories on the fly? or is there another solution which i can adopt?
>
> How often do you actually *need* such a feature? My mails are
> sorted and saved automatically. I am using Mutt for years now
> and never missed such a feature.

Quite frequently.  My incoming mail is also 'sorted and saved
automatically' into the places where I read it.  However most mail
once read gets deleted.  It's only a small proportion that I then save
in a separate 'long term' hierarchy for reference etc.  That's when I
sometimes need to create new directories.

I can't keep all my incoming mail because I read my mail on a system
where I have a limited disk space quota.  It also means that my saved
mail archives are not so enormous that it's difficult to find things
there.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)