Re: navigating indexes with deleted messages

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 07:00:43AM -0600, Mike wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 05:47:06PM +0000, gj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > When I move up and down an folder index it skips the messages marked for
> > deletion.  I don't like this, but I can't find mention of this in the FAQ
> > or mutt manual, searching for "delet*" as a keyword.  What is this behavior
> > called, and how can I change it so that "j", "k", the arrow keys, and so on
> > do not skip deleted messages?
>
> Use "J" and "K" (capitalize) to change to deleted messages.
>
> If you look at help from the index, you will see these entries: (may wrap in
> this email)
>
> J           next-entry             move to the next entry K
> previous-entry         move to the previous entry [snip] j
> next-undeleted         move to the next undeleted message k
> previous-undeleted     move to the previous undeleted message

OK I switched "J" with "j" and "K" with "k" and it works nicely.  But my
follow-up question regards the behaviour of "u". It undeletes all deleted
emails, rather than the entry the cursor rests at.  The logical collorary of
"U" doesn't delete the entry the cursor rests at either.  So how can I modify
this highly annoying behaviour, i.e., make "u" undelete only the current entry?

thx again
George.