Re: mutt - slow mbox'es

On 2004-07-21 16:00:31 +0200, Andre Bonhote wrote:
> Hm ... interesting point. I have 56 mboxes configured in mutt, some of
> them quite big (>2000 Mails). I started to split them off with `date`,
> creating monthly mail files to solve the problem of mutt starting up
> slowly.

I have 25400 mails in my archive mailbox. :) In fact, I did the
opposite of what you did: joining different archive mailboxes.
The goal is to make searching easier.

> Delivery is done via fetchmail/procmail. What's the topology of a
> maildir? Can I tell fetchmail to deliver to different maildirs?

If you use procmail, procmail can do this.

> Can I convert my mboxes to maildir?

Yes, with Mutt.

100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.