Re: mutt - slow mbox'es

Hi Thomas

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:48:06PM +0200, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

[...]
> Or do the only reasonable thing and switch to maildir.

Hm ... interesting point. I have 56 mboxes configured in mutt, some of
them quite big (>2000 Mails). I started to split them off with `date`,
creating monthly mail files to solve the problem of mutt starting up
slowly.

Delivery is done via fetchmail/procmail. What's the topology of a
maildir? Can I tell fetchmail to deliver to different maildirs? Can I
convert my mboxes to maildir?

Thanks a lot

André

--