Re: mutt - slow mbox'es

Hi Domas,

> So, can anyone suggest my how to cache headers (is there some patch
> avalaible?) by using mbox ?

no, there is not patch available. And even if you would wrote such a
patch it would speedup the scan only by approximately 2.5 seconds in
'best case' scenario. I once benchmarked this. The problem is that mutt
has to scan the mbox anyway to detect ne eMails etc.

So don't try to fight symptoms but solve the problem, which means move to
maildir.

> Or is there any other way to make mutt read mbox faster ?

Use a OS with better IO performance. Buy a bigger processor. Or do the
only reasonable thing and switch to maildir.

        Thomas