Re: IMAP difficulties

wojtek@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:        [Wed Jun 02 2004, 03:54:33AM EDT]
> 1. Is there a way to set imap_pass with the encoded password? I find
> putting plain password to be very insecure. On the other hand I use
> mutt very frequently and putting the same password 10 times an hour
> is very uncomfortable. Perhaps there are any mutt agents (like
> ssh-agent) that help solve this kind of problem?

Personally I use offlineimap[1] with courier-imap over ssh, using
keychain[2] and ssh-agent.  This avoids the password problem, avoids
mutt's very slow IMAP implementation, and avoids the insecurity.

> 2. Because I use Courier IMAP with '.' as separator I would like
> Mutt to save my mails to folders that have '_' instead of '.' For
> example: I receive message from aaa.bbb@xxxxxxxxxxx and Mutt suggest
> to save it to aaa.bbb folder. Because '.' has a special meaning in
> Courier IMAP I would like Mutt to suggest automatically folder
> aaa_bbb. Is it possible?

Since offlineimap uses maildirs on the local side, I'm able to ignore
this implementation detail of courier-imap. :-)

Regards,
Aron

[1] http://gopher.quux.org:70/devel/offlineimap
[2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~agriffis/keychain/