IMAP difficulties

Hi,

I use Mutt with IMAP. Two questions:

1. Is there a way to set imap_pass with the encoded password? I find
putting plain password to be very insecure. On the other hand I use mutt
very frequently and putting the same password 10 times an hour is very
uncomfortable. Perhaps there are any mutt agents (like ssh-agent) that help
solve this kind of problem?

2. Because I use Courier IMAP with '.' as separator I would like Mutt to
save my mails to folders that have '_' instead of '.' For example:
I receive message from aaa.bbb@xxxxxxxxxxx and Mutt suggest to save it
to aaa.bbb folder. Because '.' has a special meaning in Courier IMAP I
would like Mutt to suggest automatically folder aaa_bbb. Is it
possible?

Thank you in advance,
Wojciech Pietron