Re: why not start a mutt profile generator project?

Am 2004-05-29 13:49:11, schrieb James Marsh:
>* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> [29-May-2004 12:59]:
>> I have renamed the manual.txt to muttrc :-)
>>
>> Deleted all up to chapter 6.3, comment out all
>> Explanations and let only the option stay...
>>
>> I have learned 'mutt' this way...
>
>That's not a bad idea...

Yes, but first I have refused to read 1/4 MByte of Manual !!!

But then I have seen the others talking about the power of 'mutt'
and I was hot enough to "Read the F... Manual"

With success !

>As long as manual.txt is formatted consistently enough, it would be
>great to have a curses-based configuration tool that just parses it
>and presents a menu of options to change that reflects the structure
>of the manual. Each option would of course then have the relevant help
>available.

I think, this is possibel...

Like menuconfig if you compile Linux...

There is a Help-Button which show an explanation....
I was already thinking about a configtool using 'dialog' or 'xdialog'

>What would be really great as well would be a kind of "make oldconfig"
>equivalent where just new options are displayed after upgrading.
>
>Certainly a curses configuration tool is going to be what newbies turn
>to first, and then there's no excuse not to RTFM as it is TFM!

I think, (n)curses interface is not neccesarily....

>Regards,
>James.

Greetings and nice weekend
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi