Re: why not start a mutt profile generator project?

* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> [29-May-2004 12:59]:
> I have renamed the manual.txt to muttrc :-)
>
> Deleted all up to chapter 6.3, comment out all
> Explanations and let only the option stay...
>
> I have learned 'mutt' this way...

That's not a bad idea...

As long as manual.txt is formatted consistently enough, it would be
great to have a curses-based configuration tool that just parses it
and presents a menu of options to change that reflects the structure
of the manual. Each option would of course then have the relevant help
available.

What would be really great as well would be a kind of "make oldconfig"
equivalent where just new options are displayed after upgrading.

Certainly a curses configuration tool is going to be what newbies turn
to first, and then there's no excuse not to RTFM as it is TFM!

Regards,
James.