Re: mailcap/autoview setup problem

I have figured out what caused my problem.
Let me just describe it for the record.

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:39:41PM +0200, Guido Van Hoecke wrote:
> I am running mutt on a winxp box in a cygwin32 environment. I try to
> setup my ~/.mailcap to use i_view32.exe for all image links, and my
> ~/.muttrc to view them automatically.

> Here's my ~/.mailcap:
>
> image/*; /progra~1/irfanview/i_view32.exe %s
> text/html; links -dump %s; copiousoutput
>
> And my ~/.muttrc says
> auto_view text/html image/*

This was wrong: images can not be autoviewed. So this now reads:
auto_view text/html

> When I hit v to see the attachments list, go down one line to skip the
> (empty) message part and hit enter on the image/gif line,
> i_view32.exe is launched, but without the gif file.

This was caused by IrfanView (i_view32.exe) failing to understand unix
slashes. So I now call a little perl script that turns unix slashes
into dos slashes and runs i_view32 with the transformed filename.
Works like a charm.

Guido