Re: why not start a mutt profile generator project?

* It was Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:52:31AM -0400 when Stephen Allen said:
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 09:41:42PM +0000 or thereabouts, amoyamour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone is thinking about start a "Mutt Profile Generator" project? or is
> > there already one?
> > People then don't have to be a studious learner of mutt manual to just get
> > mutt working for email. Right now the situation is like writing kernel
> > config
> > file line by line instead of using  menuconfig.
>
> There was a website (seems to be offline at present)
> <http://mutt.netliberte.org/>, that did this. I prefer to start with a
> commented
> sample muttrc though. One does come with the install of mutt, or should,
> explaining the options.

When I first installed Mutt I was planning on reading the entire manual
too. But once I found that there were many commented configs out on the
web I realized I didn't have to read all that much of it to get
started. It's still on my list of things to read though because I bet
I'm going to find all sorts of cool things I didn't know Mutt did.

--
Sami Samhuri