Re: one strange problem in mutt

On 2004-05-27, bing yu <byu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 07:35:19AM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:

> > Or one can just upgrade to mutt-1.5.x which handles these
> > attachments automatically.

> i have upgrade to mutt-1.5.6i, when start mutt
>
> /home/tar/.muttrc 发生错误,行号 151:alternates:不明的变量
> source:错误发生在 /home/tar/.muttrc
>
> in .muttrc
> set
> alternates="byu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx|byu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|yubingemail@xxxxxxx|debnbyu@xxxxxxxxxxx"
>
> alternates in mutt.1.3.x is fine.
>

> even so, mutt.1.5.6 can not autoview attachment.

My first reply may have been a bit too brief.  I am using
mutt-1.5.5.1i.  I think what is needed to get it to autoview
attachments is:

1.  The command

        mime_lookup application/octet-stream

    in your muttrc.

2.  A mime_types file that contains mappings between the file name
    extensions used in the attachments and the proper content type
    names.

3.  An auto_view command in your muttrc which includes the proper
    content type names, e.g.,

        auto_view application/msword application/vnd.msword

4.  A mailcap file containing rules for auto viewing the content
    types, e.g.,

        application/msword;     mutt_bgrun ooffice %s; test=RunningX
        application/msword;     word2text %s; copiousoutput
        application/vnd.msword; mutt_bgrun ooffice %s; test=RunningX
        application/vnd.msword; word2text %s; copiousoutput

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division