Re: one strange problem in mutt

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:35:21PM +0200, bing yu wrote:

> when i attache a MS doc file in my outgoing mail. the doc file can
> display properly in mutt(the outgoing mail Fcc to sent mailbox)
>
> but mutt can not display doc when i got doc attachment from others.(as a
> matter of fact, this application is really important  to me, say, i want
> say what the document my peers sent to me is )
>
> anyone can give me any tricks?

One thing I have observed in the past is that many email clients sends
attachments with just the mime type application/octet-stream, so it
might be worth checking if the .doc attachments you recieve from other
people actually matches the mimetype in your .mailcap file.

I remember finding a shell script somewhere on google that attempted to
guess the correct program from the filename (like windows does) which
could then be used in .mailcap for application/octet-stream attachments.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Kresten Kjeldgaard <kkje01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka Gathond