Re: procmail doesn't work

* On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 02:25:59PM +0200 Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I want procmail to filter my incoming mail from mutt-users in the folder
> in-mutt.

> Should I make an explicit "procmail"-call after "fetchmail"?

I've never heard of 'an explicit "procmail"-call'.

> Or is there something wrong with my .procmailrc (s. below)?

It could be better.  I use:

:0
* ^TOmutt-users@xxxxxxxx
.lists.mutt/new

> PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail/
> LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail-log
> VERBOSE=on
> MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
> SHELL=/bin/bash
>
> :0:
> * ^Sender:.owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx
            ^
You never know for sure what will be here.  If you insist on using the
'Sender' header, this would be better:

* ^Sender:[     ].*owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx

Where between the square brackets is exactly one space and one tab.

Mark

--
Mark Frank
"The fix is only temporary...unless it works." - Red Green