Re: procmail doesn't work

* Vlad Ghitulescu <Vlad.Linux@xxxxxx> [05-12-04 19:46]:

> I want procmail to filter my incoming mail from mutt-users in the
> folder in-mutt.
>
> I collect my mail with fetchmail ... but then the new mails from
> mutt-users are still comming in the standard "inbox" folder and not in
> the in-mutt :-(
>
> Should I make an explicit "procmail"-call after "fetchmail"?

no

> Or is there something wrong with my .procmailrc (s. below)?

yes

> PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail/
> LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail-log
> VERBOSE=on
> MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
> SHELL=/bin/bash
>
> :0:
> * ^Sender:.owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx
> in-mutt

procmail does not know where 'in-mutt' is, you have not defined it.

you say 'MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail' but your recipe does not know this.

:0:
  * ^Sender:.owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx
in-mutt

would probably work as:

:0:
  * ^Sender.*mutt.org
$MAILDIR/in-mutt

You should look at:
  Nancy McGough's Quick Start for Procmail
  http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

HOG # US1244711