Re: optional sleep before marking a message as "read" ?

Hi David,

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 05:23:48PM -0400, David T-G wrote:

> No problem; newbies are welcomed with open arms! :-)

Thanks :)

> I'll keep this very brief since I'm in a hurry: What's so wrong with
> hitting 'N' to set the New flag on the mail and move to the next one
> instead of just hitting 'j' to move down anyway?

Only one thing: in my company (of 150 people all around the world),
new messages are not always all grouped in one chunk at the very end
of the mailbox (because, say, my colleague had his email queued
somewhere because I don't know, so I receive it hours/days after he
wrote it, yes I know I could sort by date of receival but I prefer
date of sending :). So I may have this in the index
(not new)
(not new)

and then pressing N blindly would mark "new" some read messages.

But I agree your suggestion could work for many other people, and so
that my idea is not a Mutt-MUST-have :)

Nevertheless, few days ago I sent a patch for my idea to
mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx (and using this patched Mutt made my life easier).

Guilhem