Re: eol ^M in mutt from certain users

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 11:48:25AM +0200, Tom Koornwinder wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 09:44:43AM -0400, Jay Daniels wrote:
> > > ^M at end of line is only seen from users using a program called
> > > IncrediMail.
> > >=20
> > > Do I have a problem with mutt showing ^M at the end of lines or is it
> > > this IncrediMail program the user used to post the message?
> > >=20
> > > I know about control/linefeeds and dos2unix but since this ^M problem
> > > only shows up from users who send me messages using IncrediMail, is it
> > > a problem on my end using fetchmail, procmail, and mutt or is it a
> > > problem with IncrediMail?
> > >=20
> > > When user send me a message using any other windows MUA there does not
> > > seem to be any ^M problems.
>
> But what I see in your message (using mutt on Sun-Solaris) are  a number
> of =20 signs. These are as annoying as the ^M's.
> Do you have any suggestions to filter away these =20's?

Ah - so I see. It shouldn't do that. =20 is just an encoded space.

I notice, that looking at the source of messages =20 seems to appear in
gpg signed messages (not just mine, but everybody's who is signed - with
pgp/mime at least). They are correctly turned to spaces when I view them
in mutt.

Perhaps it is something to do with your gpg settings?

I'm not sure - So I will CC this to the list.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a