Re: Again: Outlook Patch

Andre Bonhote wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:02:19PM -0400, Todd wrote:
[...]
>> Alternatively, you could use mutt 1.5 which uses text/plain for
>> traditional (inline) pgp/gpg messages by default.
>
>  Eh? Why this? I mean, isn't text/plain evil?

In general or just when used with pgp/gpg?  :-)

While it would be nice for many other MUA's to pick up proper
OpenPGP/MIME or even just RFC 1847 support so they could at least
display OpenPGP/MIME messages, that has not happened yet and in the
interim there are occasions where using inline is better than nothing.

The main problem that I've run into with mutt's inline sending is that
the 1.4 stable releases use the application/pgp content-type, which
isn't an official MIME type AFAIK.  Many clients, most notably Outlook
and its ilk, would not display message with this content type inline.
Using text/plain solves this problem.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first
things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke, Parliament of Whores