Re: Choosing from address book when message is piped

Hi folks,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 19:00:32 +0200, Jens Paulus wrote:
> when sending out messages I like the idea to piping the text to mutt
> from within my editor. But this way I have to know all of the recipient
> addresses to specify them on the command line. So I think it would be a
> good thing to not show an error message if no recipient address is
> specified but rather display the address book and making the user able
> to choose from it. Or make mutt enter the compose menu if a keyword
> recipient address like <none> or so is given.

what I wrote here is meant as a suggestion for a possible additional
feature. I am interested to know if you think such an address book query
would be a useful thing to have when using mutt from within the editor.

Another question to this list is if the number of aliases that someone
can have in the aliases file and which are then all read into memory is
limited only by the available memory size. I asked this a couple of
weeks ago but got no anser. I always used to keep only a few entries in
my aliases file but am thinking of putting more entries into it.

Best regards

Jens