Re: Multiple emailaddresses and mailing-lists

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 06:47:31AM EDT, Mutter wrote:

> What is the easy way to use *many* email addresses with mutt? How to
> switch addresses? If anyone ever used pine, they might be knowing what a
> hassle it is to use pine with a mailing list! There sure has to be a
> better way in mutt. Would anyone mind telling me how? :)
>
> How to configure many more email addresses and assign them to certian
> mailing-lists?

The easiest way I know of to autochoose your email address based on the
list you're sending to is to use my makenewlistsrc [1] script to turn a
newlists [2] file into a newlistsrc [3] file.  You use the my_addy field
to override the default addy (the contents of the my_default_list_addy
[4] file with a resource (+blahblahblah) matching the list's listnick)
for a list, or you can modify the script slightly to generate addresses
in a different way.

Enjoy,
 - Dave

[1]