Re: Multiple emailaddresses and mailing-lists

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 06:47:31AM EDT, Mutter wrote:
>
> > What is the easy way to use *many* email addresses with mutt? How to
> > switch addresses?
[Snip]

> The easiest way I know of to autochoose your email address based on the
> list you're sending to is to use my makenewlistsrc [1] script to turn a
> newlists [2] file into a newlistsrc [3] file.  You use the my_addy field
> to override the default addy (the contents of the my_default_list_addy
> [4] file with a resource (+blahblahblah) matching the list's listnick)
> for a list, or you can modify the script slightly to generate addresses
> in a different way.

Hmm, I downloaded everything from your muttdir, from your site. Reading
the WHY_USE I like what it has but I do not understand how to use these
scripts? Are all these scripts to be used separately or is there some
install script ... are these patches? There's no readme so I do not
understand how to use them, can you please explain?  May be my question
would sound silly but hope you don't mind.

And what are all the other files/scripts other than these 4, for? Is there
some readme file for them?

Thanks for the help!
Kind Regards,
Mutter