Re: thread tree in the index menu

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 06:21:44AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 04:24:01PM +1030, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> > Can someone tell me why my thread tree in the index menu looks like:
> >
> >  wqwqwq>Re: fix for libpthread
> >       3 N   03/03 Matt            (4.5K) x x x mq>
> >       4 N   03/04 Daniel O'Connor (4.3K) x x x   mq>
> >       5 N   03/03 Joe Marcus Clar (5.5K) x x tq>Re: fix for libpthread
> [...]
> > It used to look something:
> >
> >  ----->
> >   |------>
> >       |---->
> [...]
> > Any ideas anyone ?
>
> I use TeraTerm on WindowsXP.  The _last time_ that happened to me, it
> fixed itself when I changed fonts on the Windows machine.  However, I've
> just gone through a re-install of my entire system, both the unix host
> and the windows client, and I'm back to getting "mq>" when on the "fixed"
> machine I got ...
[...]

I got ascii line-drawing characters.  (Not multibyte characters as I
suggested in my previous post.)

> If I ever get the thing fixed, I'll report back so it's archived this time.

I did get it fixed.  In my case it was totally a WindowsXP issue, and had
nothing to do with mutt nor the curses library nor the terminal description
(terminfo) nor the operating system on which mutt runs.

Install "LETGOTHL.TTF" in your windows\fonts directory, assuming you are
using a gothic font.  Be sure your terminal emulator is using the correct
font by entering the full path to the font, not just the font name.  Should
work for people running Mutt (or any text-based application) on a remote
machine and using Windoze communication/terminal emulation software to access.

--
henry nelson