Re: thread tree in the index menu

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 04:24:01PM +1030, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Can someone tell me why my thread tree in the index menu looks like:
>
>  wqwqwq>Re: fix for libpthread
>       3 N   03/03 Matt            (4.5K) x x x mq>
>       4 N   03/04 Daniel O'Connor (4.3K) x x x   mq>
>       5 N   03/03 Joe Marcus Clar (5.5K) x x tq>Re: fix for libpthread
[...]
> It used to look something:
>
>  ----->
>   |------>
>       |---->
[...]
> Any ideas anyone ?

I use TeraTerm on WindowsXP.  The _last time_ that happened to me, it
fixed itself when I changed fonts on the Windows machine.  However, I've
just gone through a re-install of my entire system, both the unix host
and the windows client, and I'm back to getting "mq>" when on the "fixed"
machine I got "┗>" (that's the lower left corner of a box, for those of
you without a Japanese font).  The first of those looks like the letters
"m" and "q" in nvi as I edit, but in the mutt screen they're a circle and
a square (two characters, not one).  I'll try today to dig out the old
windows client to check, but I seem to recall that the font I used did
NOT have a maroon "TT" in front of it, but the settings pop-up in TeraTerm
doesn't seem to want to offer the exact same set of fonts as I had before.
(Any Windoze guru on this list who can tell me how to access fonts?)

Another possibility is that I munged up and/or lost my customized terminfo
description file.  That also has to be right to get those "box-drawing"
multibyte characters.

If I ever get the thing fixed, I'll report back so it's archived this time.

--
henry nelson

PS Tom, are there just no posts on lynx-dev, or did I get bumped off again?
   Almost seemed to be working there for a couple of days.