* Chris Grossmann <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [040406 14:49]:
> >   fcc-save-hook   ~A      +People/%O.gz
>
> If so, I don't know how to do it.
>
> I want to save messages from "user@xxxxxxxxxxx" into the
> folder "=company".

Sorry, I misread your original post...

> For instance:
>
> save-hook company.com =company
>
> This does what I want, but I want it to be general, such
> that "user@xxxxxxxxxxxx" goes to "=company2", and
> "someotheruser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" goes into
> "=somerandomcompany".

Yeah, I can see what you mean, but I can't think of an easy (in mutt)
way of doing it.  As a help to you or someone else looking at this...

I tried seeing if you can shell-escape some trick.  The following
command won't work however as the %f is only replaced _after_ the
shell-escape is executed...
   fcc-save-hook ~A +Companies/`echo "%f"|sed 's/^.<//g'`
So in this case the sed acts on "%f" not on the replaced value of %f.
:(

Without wanting to appear to be passing judgement, it would seem less
than useful to be sorting your mail into 'company' related boxes,
rather than 'person' boxes on a large scale.  I could understand it
for particular circumstances (i.e. all mail to staff.myisp.com would
go in a particular box) but I (and most others) see to like to be able
to remember a correspondents name, not their ISP/company...  :-)
However it's a supportive community so you might get some luck from
someone else, or you could write a patch.  (That is kinda rich coming
from me since I've not written any!  ;) )

Cheers,

S.