Re: next-page previous-page

Jeff,

* On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 Jeff Fulmer (jeff@xxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 04:06:41PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > You did try it in the pager, didn't you?
>
> When I run that test, it reads EXACTLY like you would expect. I get
> this:
> ^F          next-page              move to the next page
>
> And when I'm in the help section, ^F works as expected. It allows me to
> scroll to the next page. However, if I quit the help section and return
> to the mailbox view, ^F still forgets my pgp pass phrase and ^B parses
> for URLs.

and _that_ is absolutely logical since ^f is bound to
<forget-passphrase> in the index, too! And special bindings overwrite
generic ones.
Suppose you have:

bind generic ,f somefunction
bind index   ,f someotherfunction

then ,f will be bound to someotherfunction in the index but bound
somefunction in other contexts.

The context the manuals calls pager is the message viewer.
The context referred to as index is the message list, the contents of a
mailfolder.
I guess that is your whole misunderstanding.

bind pager \cf next-page        # overwrite ^f in the pager
bind index \cf next-page        # overwrite ^f in the index
bind pager \cb previous-page    # overwrite ^b in the pager
bind index \cb previous-page    # overwrite ^b in the index

bind index somekey forget-passphrase  # redefine forget-passphrase index
bind pager somekey forget-passphrase  # redefine forget-passphrase pager

Should do what you expect.

Michael
--
"Even more amazing was the realization that God has Internet access.  I
wonder if He has a full newsfeed?"

PGP-Key: http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~tatgeml/public.key