Re: Calendar

hi paul (and the rest)

* Paul Foote <geesus@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-03-04 11:18]:

>  Ok ignore what I just said: Does anybody know of a decent workin
>  _console_ calendaring program? come on, we have a really good mail
>  client, excellent magical text editors, where is our * Bell in window 5,
>  you have to goto that meeting ? On freshmeat I found Sked
>  (http://sked.sourceforge.net/), but couldnt get it working and it looks
>  fairly incomplete. Could somebody point me in the direction of what im
>  looking for? if it dosnt exist, thats a shame, too bad I suck at
>  programming...

well, besides of the fact that it actually is a birthday reminder,
you could use bday [http://www.netmeister.org/apps/bday/]. it's a
simple code, which is a nice feature when you get sick of the word
birthday (just change it into appointment or something like that).
one small thing I have noticed is the fact that you have to use a
year that's already in the past, and that you'd get reminded of stuff
on a yearly basis.. (except if you'd remove the entries manually)

and the other alternative I know, are post-it-notes to stick on your
monitor. the advantage of that method is the fact that (after some
time) you get white spots on a slightly yellow monitor (yes, I call
that an advantage)

Greetings,

Theo Vermeulen

--