Re: gpg

G'day Christoph,

* Christoph Berg <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040301 17:22]:
> > 1) Can you sign / encrypt with GPG on the command line?  (i.e. No
> >    mutt, just gpg)
>
> gpg --help | egrep 'sign|encrypt'

I think we've got crossed wires here.  I ment something like:
  gpg -u {YourKey} -b {SomeFile}
I did
  touch dumfile
  gpg -u 0x35DB7472 -b dumfile
and I created a detached signature dumbfile.sig which I then verified
with
  gpg --verify dumbfile.sig

If you get a "Good signature from ..." message then you know your gpg
is working fine.

> > 2) Are you are using the gpg.rc that comes with mutt?
>
> Your distribution should ship one that works fine. The one shipped with
> Mutt should work after adjusting some paths.

Huh?  I didn't know there were any paths hardwired in gpg.rc ...  That
would be a "Bad Thing^TM".

> > 3) Have you used the pgp_sign_as variable in mutt?  For example I sign
> >    with my 0x35DB7472 (sub)key so I have the following in my .muttrc
> >  set pgp_sign_as="0x35DB7472!"
>
> Yes.

Well, one out of three ain't bad!

S.