Re: Maildir in stable vs unstable

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 01:54:59PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Mike M <linux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > 1.5 will write to the Maildir with the missing /tmp (seems incorrect)
>
> If this is true, it's not "seems", it's definitely incorrect.  You cannot
> (correctly) place a message into a Maildir without using Maildir/tmp/ .

The history on the problem is destroyed. I tarred the Maildir tree.
Then the computer failed and I wiped the disk in troubleshooting.  I
restored the tarball on a Debian stable on another machine.  I was suprised to
see the
missing /tmp dir.  It doesn't seem plausible that tar is frigged. But
then again, I was using Knoppix which is Debian testing/unstable hybrid,
and I recall from the Debian user list there was a tar problem recently in
either unstable or
testing.

I'll setup the repaired laptop with Debian unstable (not testing) and do the
tar/untar
on the Maildirs again in the next week or two.  I'll post results.
--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com