Re: color problem (1/2)

> But then again, mutt doesn't use ANSI escape sequences itself to control
> the terminal. Ncurses or Slang does. So now it's either terminal, mutt
> or ncursus/slang related.  Not to forget that one can change the colors
> xterm thinks is 'yellow' or 'bright yellow' in ones Xresources file.
============================

i tried building mutt with ncurses and slang (not at the same time!).
although i did have some noticeable difference between the two, they both
have the same "feature" with bold/bright and a can't use "colorX" > 7.

* different terms
* different mutt builds (slang/ncurses)
* same problem with mutt
* other apps work fine

that still leaves mutt as my primary suspect. if i didn't have a choice
between building with slang or ncurses, it would be easy for me to blame
one of those libraries... but since i've isolated both of them with two
different mutt builds...

i really want to switch away from pine, but the way i use it this has to
work right... i need all 16 of those colors, especially the ones i'm
having trouble with  :(

        ...atom

 PGP key - http://smasher.suspicious.org/pgp.txt
 3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

        "A criminal is a person with predatory instincts without
         sufficient capital to form a corporation."
                -- Howard Scott