Re: Forwarding half inline, half as attachment

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 05:32:46AM EST, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2004-02-23 19:37:33 -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > AFAIK, Mutt doesn't allow you to do this directly.
>
> Wrong.  Go to the view-attach menu (v), tag the attachments you want
> to forward, and apply-forward.  You may have to play with
> mime_forward, mime_forward_decode, and mime_forward_rest.

/me thanks God for disclaimer words like "AFAIK" :-)

Anyway, I think I may be able to argue that doesn't really qualify as
"direct:" the user still has to tag all the attachments of the message
he's replying to - i.e., it's not automatically taken care of.  I guess
you can probably put together a macro for each screen in which you'd
want to use such a function, but that's a fair amount of work, AFAICT.
(In the clumsy workaround I posted, the entire message is kept 100%
intact, and your reply allows you to modify it in any way you wish
(such as to swap the From: and To: addresses) ... but you're starting
out with an identical image of the original, not a blank slate to which
you have to manually add anything you want to include in your message.
Furthermore, if you're going the attachment-forwarding route, you'll have
to manually input the address to reply to anyway (whereas starting out
with the original message means you have his addy right there), so whether
you gain all that much going that route seems slightly questionable.)

Thanks for the info,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel