Re: Forwarding half inline, half as attachment

On 2004-02-24, Johan Almqvist <johan-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I wonder if it's possible to forward a message in-line (meaning not as
> attachment but inside the very nice text/plain message I write myself) and
> still conserve the attachments. I would like to have the autoviewed parts
> in my text/plain part but any attached images, tgz files or whatever still
> attached to the forwarded message.
>
> Is this possible? Patch or tweak? Or an option I have overlooked?

I've played with this a little bit.  I'm not sure exactly what rules
mutt uses to build attachments, but as I recall, if you go to the
Attachment Menu, tag all attachments you wish to forward, then type

    ;f

and answer "no" to the question about MIME forwarding, mutt will
include in-line all the attachments that it knows how to convert to
text (using built-in conversions and the rules in your mailcap file)
and will include as MIME attachments all the other attachments,
e.g., .tgz files.  You may have to edit your mailcap file to
temporarily remove the convert-to-text rules for some attachment
types to prevent mutt from including them in-line.

Good luck.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division