Re: Open folder only when there in new mail

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 12:46:47PM EST, romildo@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to have
>
> $ mutt -f <folder>
>
> to open <folder> only if there is new mail
> in it? If there is no mail in <folder>,
> mutt should just quit. How to get this
> behaviour?

I don't know of any way to do that without a Mutt patch.  (Such a patch
exists, in the form of a conditional tag patch.  I don't remember what
it's called, but it allows you to do one action if messages are tagged,
and another if nothing's tagged.  You simply load a muttrc that tags
all new messages, and then quits if nothing's tagged.)

Sorry,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel