Re: No reply for these newbie questions?

Hi,

* Mutt-user wrote (2004-02-22 00:32):
>Also, I sometimes use pine too for some features not in mutt, can I use
>both pine and mutt and even Sylpheed-claws to access the same mboxes, tho
>at different times and not simultaneously?

No problem if they all use the same mailbox format.

>I do not know why, but sending an attachment with a message always never
>makes it to the recipient. I mean, they get the message okay but without
>the attachment. What do I need to do?

Send a mail which a short attachement to echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx to see
whether the attachments leaves your home.

>I am on quite a few mailing lists and I would like to use mutt to read
>them. Is it possible with mutt to set it to fetch only messages matching a
>filter and delete the rest?

Mutt does not fetch or filter in general.

>Like, to keep all the messages which have my e-mail address in them
>and delete the rest? If yes, can someone please tell me how do I go
>about this?

You should use a MDA. I recommend Maildrop, since it is both easier to
use and more powerful than other programs.

Thorsten
--
A 'No' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a
'Yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.