Re: Make . match newlines too?

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 03:23:20PM EST, Todd wrote:
> David T-G wrote:

> > Yep.  That's why the other suggestion of a simple
> >
> >   ~h BAYES_99
> >
> > would work, but I can see where being able to anchor could be
> > necessary as well.

> Indeed, while it's an unlikely problem, using a pattern as simple as
> the above would allow spammers or anyone else to put BAYES_99 in some
> custom header and mess with your coloring rules (or whatever else you
> were doing with the ~h match.

Well, this particular case is reasonably harmless, since anybody who
wants to have his mail classified as SPAM has many options available,
so the above simply becomes one more thing you don't want to put in an
outgoing mail to an SAed recipient ;-)

> I haven't actually looked into it, but is it clearly the case that
> there isn't any way to match this in mutt now?

I wonder whether this'll work:
color index red black '~hX-Spam-Status:(.|\n)*BAYES_99'

...anybody feel like testing it?

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel