Re: Make . match newlines too?

David T-G wrote:
> Yep.  That's why the other suggestion of a simple
>
>   ~h BAYES_99
>
> would work, but I can see where being able to anchor could be
> necessary as well.

Indeed, while it's an unlikely problem, using a pattern as simple as
the above would allow spammers or anyone else to put BAYES_99 in some
custom header and mess with your coloring rules (or whatever else you
were doing with the ~h match.

Not that there aren't many more pressing problems to deal with, of
course.  But it is worth noting how the inability to match across a
newline could cause unintended problems if users take to simple work
arounds.

> 'Unfolding' or crossing newlines would be a very cool feature.

Definitely.

I haven't actually looked into it, but is it clearly the case that
there isn't any way to match this in mutt now?  I wouldn't be
surprised to see someone pipe up later in this thread with a "you
fools, here's how you can do this" (well, none of the civilized folks
here would put it quite that way, but you get the idea :).

Ah!  Useless!  Every one of you!  Fine.  I will defend myself and to
hell with all of you!
    -- Stewie Griffin