Re: striping attachment lines in the pager

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 04:01:42PM EST, Denis V. Lozko wrote:
> On Sat, 12/13/03, 02:05 +0200 Denis V. Lozko wrote:

> >Hi, mutters!
> >is there the way to strip attachment lines in the pager view?
> >I mean lines:
> >
> >[-- Attachment #1 --]
> >[-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 0.3K --]

> I've understud - mutt is writing for realy using
>
> I've understud - it was stooped question
>
> I've understud - my request is only for beginners

I'd like to second Gary Johnson on his replies here :-)

> but, realy big senx for all advisers from gurus

If advice from non-gurus is also appreciated, I'd like to note that
most of the stuff I proposed having an external program do (look back at
the thread) is now done by my display_filter.  Adding an entry to toss
attachment lines is trivial.  (Look in the filter_gpg_output script to see
how complex handling of those lines can be done.  If you simply want to
toss those lines, a simple egrep -v '\[-- .* --\]' in displayfilterlist
will do the trick, but as pointed out before, you're losing possibly
important info that way.)

If you're interested in using my solution, most of the important files [1]
are located here [2].  The rest [3] are here [4], unless I'm forgetting
something ;-)

Enjoy,
 - Dave

[1]