Re: Newbie needs help

* Terry Johnson <terry@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-01-30 16:54]:
> I have mutt up now sending and receiving. Now I need to know how to
> make it rcognise a mailing list I am on 2 this one and fedora's
> mailing lists and its not showing them as lists. 2 how do I get save
> and use email address is there an adrress book in mutt and 3rd how do
> I make folders to stare the messages i want. I can't seem to find
> anything addressing these in the faq or the help file?

in muttrc>
subscribe mutt-users

when viewing an email, hit "a" and it will append the reply address. I
recommend at least defining an alias file for your addresses:

in muttrc>
source ~/.mutt/aliases
set alias_file=~/.mutt/aliases          # Keep aliases in this file.

There are a lot of other ways to handle aliases, but this is the
simplest way to do it just with mutt.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb dot com