Re: [OT] RTFM, Guys! (was: Re: Is there a key combination to display all headers?)

* Mike Mueller <mmueller@xxxxxxxxxx> [01-25-04 08:23]:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:23:53AM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> >
> > Manuals, people, are your friends.  PLEASE read them. . .
> >

> Maybe this is a good time for me to point out the trouble I had with the
> example for fcc-hook here:
>
> http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-3.html#fcc-hook
>
> What worked was this:
>
> fcc-hook '~t user@url\.com' +mymailbox
>
> Is the example flawed or is my execution of the example flawed?

Perhaps you have not completely understood what you read.  The only
difference between your example and the one provided in the mutt
manual (which is for the current _release_, 1.4.1i, not
Mutt/1.5.5.1+cvs20040105i, which you are using) is that you enclosed
the regexp in apostrophes to cause the ~t flag expansion at the proper
time.
    fcc-hook  user@xxxxxxx  +yourmailbox
should also work.

3.15.  Specify default Fcc: mailbox when composing

  Usage: fcc-hook [!]pattern mailbox

  This command is used to save outgoing mail in a mailbox other than
  ``$record''.  Mutt searches the initial list of message recipients for
  the first matching regexp and uses mailbox as the default Fcc:
  mailbox.  If no match is found the message will be saved to
  ``$record'' mailbox.

  See `Message Matching in Hooks'' for information on the exact format
  of pattern.