IMAP Lives!

For those of you using local IMAP (or SSH tunnels to your IMAP
server), I've put together a stripped-down IMAP proxy (for lack of
a better name - it's hardly a proxy) that keeps the connection alive
when Mutt is stopped (when you're editing a message, or when you're
urlview(1)ing, or if you use an external pager, etc.).  To use it,
simply set tunnel="/path/to/imapproxy" (and put imapproxy in /path/to
after compiling it, of course).  My working directory is online [1],
as is a tarball [2] of the directory.

Note: If your IMAPd isn't in /usr/sbin, you'll need to change that in
imapproxy.c (line 18).  If your IMAPd isn't UW-IMAPd, it may not return
exactly the same thing as mine on NOOP, so you may have to change the
string (and the number after it indicating the length) on line 56 of
the same file.

Enjoy,
 - Dave

[1]