Re: Searching through collapsed threads

in message <20031230092257.GB6115@xxxxxxx>,
wrote David Yitzchak Cohen thusly...

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 06:49:43PM -0500, parv wrote:
> > in message <20031228065543.GA34849@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > wrote Denis V. Lozko thusly...
>
> > > And i heve problem with deleting or saving collapsed messages.
> > > So, is there a way to delete or save without uncolapsing
> > > threads?
> >
> > There are four functions related to thread deletion, listed in
> > 'manual.txt' (my version is 1.5.4i)...
> >
> >   (un)delete-thread and (un)delete-subthread
> >
> > ...which can be invoked either in index or pager.
>
> The only problem is that those functions give you all-or-nothing
> behavior.

Well, they seem to be fulfil Denis VL's desire, IMO (not that i am a
mind reader).

> If you simply want to delete a couple of messages, you really
> shouldn't have to delete-subthread each of them, and then
> undelete-subthread each of the replies/followups to each of those
> messages.  It's far more straightforward to just delete the messages
> in question,

Are you trying to confuse me Mr Cohen?

One must be crazy to intentionally do what you describe.  Otherwise, i
fail to see any relation between your description & Dennis' query.

> and hope Mutt will do the obvious.

Hope?  Isn't that already happens in mutt?  (Look in 'manual.txt' for
related delete/save functions.)

  - Parv