Re: Searching through collapsed threads

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 06:49:43PM -0500, parv wrote:
> in message <20031228065543.GA34849@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> wrote Denis V. Lozko thusly...

> > And i heve problem with deleting or saving collapsed messages. So, is
> > there a way to delete or save without uncolapsing threads?
>
> There are four functions related to thread deletion, listed in
> 'manual.txt' (my version is 1.5.4i)...
>
>   (un)delete-thread and (un)delete-subthread
>
> ...which can be invoked either in index or pager.

The only problem is that those functions give you all-or-nothing behavior.
If you simply want to delete a couple of messages, you really shouldn't
have to delete-subthread each of them, and then undelete-subthread
each of the replies/followups to each of those messages.  It's far more
straightforward to just delete the messages in question, and hope Mutt
will do the obvious.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel