Re: ... oh, what fun it is to ride ...

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 10:38:40PM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 04:22:00AM +0100, Pablo Hoertner wrote:

> > dave, you seem to be really cheerless. maybe we need more (male and female)
> > _cheer_leaders here... *lol*
>
> I think Dave just needs intravenous drip of endorphins.  Besides,
> judging by his middle name, as well as some conversations I can
> recall, I'd guess that David is more interested in Hannukah than
> Christmas.  Also, judging solely by observation of his language
> patterns, I would venture to say that Dave was being quite cheery with
> his "asphalt-colored christmas" and good-naturedly teasing with the
> comment about Cheerios.

As usual, you're probably right on all counts :-)

> <concession topic="mutt" type="obligatory" relevance="marginal">
> I'm thankful this holiday season that mutt's flexible rules for
> coloring index entries makes it easy to pick messages from my friends,
> family, and acquaintances out of the flood of xmas spam.

So am I :-)

> I may even look at D. Cohen's web to see if he has a clever way to do
> whitelisting, aliasing, and coloration with a set of scripts and a
> single convenient master list of contacts.

Well, I'm taking requests.  If you can describe your needs in fair detail,
I can probably meet them.  (My setup already uses a ~/.mutt/aliases file,
which I have symlinked to ~/.contacts - my master list of contacts,
with AOL, ICQ, email, Jabber, phone, etc. contact info, as well as a
ton of other info.  I can make a README to explain the use of my config,
if anybody's interested.  (The current README simply gives some reasons
why one might want to use my config.)  Whitelisting can be done with a
macro to limit to messages coming from people in your contact list; I can
code that up easily.  Coloration is handled separately in the index and
pager modes in my setup, so you'll need to be far more specific about
your colorization/coloration/whatever interests.)

> </concession>

> Be cool & stay warm,

How's that for a paradox?

 - Dave [who hopes to show off screenshots of his Mutt in action soon]

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel